Pages

google analytics

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Now That You've Found Me

“Are you...?” she stopped, gasped and poked one finger between her pink painted lips. Her cheeks flushed with blood and nervous embarrassment. “Are you really…?”

He didn’t move at all except to narrow his eyelids ever so slightly. “Yes,” he whispered, “I am exactly what you’ve been looking for.”

She gasped and stretched out her arms to embrace him, but he pushed her back with his strong solid arms. “I am exactly what you’ve been looking for, but now that you’ve found me I think you will be … disappointed.” He let the word hang in the space between them.

“I don’t understand.” Her eyebrows arched in worried confusion.

The vampire leaned over her now and said, “I don’t sparkle.” His teeth sank deep into the flesh of her neck, piercing her veins. She was dead in moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails