Pages

google analytics

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ask For A Sign

“Ask for a sign,” says the prophet of God,
“ask for a sign and the Lord shall provide.”
And here’s where I stumble.

I am not a man of great faith,
doubt and despair follow me like shadows in October,
so (one would think) I should welcome a sign,
a guarantee of the promise,
a demonstration of God’s good faith.

“Ask for a sign,” says the prophet of God,
“ask for anything, for the impossible,
for tombs to be opened or the sun to turn back,
ask for a sign and God will show.”

But I cannot. Even this is beyond my reach.
Lord, lead me to the rock that is higher.


(Isaiah 7: 10 – 12 / Psalm 61: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jeff Carter's books on Goodreads
Muted Hosannas Muted Hosannas
reviews: 2
ratings: 3 (avg rating 4.33)

Related Posts with Thumbnails